OMessenger is smart enough to add users in your Network automatically. You also have the option to filter users displayed in the Users List.
First and most important, you need to configure the Firewall, so that OMessenger can communicate with others in Network.
Microsoft Windows Firewall Users should add OMessenger.exe
in the exception list.
For other firewalls, you may need to open TCP/UDP port 14110 to 14116. More details
. Assigning an IP Address:
OMessenger uses a LAN IP Address for communication. In Settings > Network Tab, select the Network Adapter to be used by OMessenger. All LAN systems should have a static IP Address assigned(recommended) OR all should "Obtain an IP Address automatically".
Avoid using both options in the same network.
Use OMessenger Server
, if you are going to use OMessenger in VPN / Multiple Sub networks.
There are three methods to include Subnet work or Other Network Users in your OMessenger.
I) Using the OMessenger Server Tool
- You only need to install OMessenger Server in ONE system for the whole network and start the Service.
- ALL OMessenger users should add the IP address of the system running the OMessenger Server in Settings > Network
- Users who have not provided a OMessenger Server IP Address, will have problems viewing all Users.
- If you are using the OMessenger Server Tool, no need there is no need to use the Broadcast Tool / Subnet range. More Details
II) Using Broadcast Tool
- You need to install the Broadcast tool in ONE system for each sub network and start the Service.
- All users should add the IP Address of the other network(s) Broadcast tool in Settings > Users > Broadcast List.
- There is no need to add the IP Address of the same network Broadcast tool IP Address. More Details
III) Using the Subnet Range (Without using the Broadcast Tool)
- Add the active IP Address range of OTHER networks in Settings > Users > Range
(Ex: 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.20, 192.168.3.10 to 192.168.3.50)
Adding the entire range such as 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.254 is not recommended, as it may affect performance.
We recommend using Broadcast Tool for such cases.
- Install Terminal Service Tool in Server & start the service.
- Log in to Terminal Server as a remote User and Run OMessenger.
- In Settings > Network Tab, select "Use the Terminal Service Tool" option.
This setting only needs to be enabled for OMessenger running in Terminal Server.
Standalone Node users do not need to enable this option.
Yes. OMessenger will work in VPN
- Install OMessenger in all VPN Users
- Connect to VPN
- In Settings > Network tab, set VPN Network Adapter to top, so that it will be used for communication.
- In Settings > Users Tab: Provide the IPAddress range used by VPN.
(If your VPN has a static IP Address setup, use OMessenger Server or the Broadcast Tool ). More Details
Right now it is not possible, but we expect to add it in upcoming versions.
In OMessenger Settings > Display Options : Type your custom Group name in the dropdown box. The new custom group name will be displayed for all users. Similarly, enter custom names for other users groups.
Note: System defined group names cannot be deleted.
With OMessenger Server:
In OMessenger Server Central Server Mode, you have the option to save the log in any central server folder. Using the Admin Tool, you can view the log content. From OMessenger client, this log cannot be cleared.
Without OMessenger Server:
1. Just lock the Log setting with a Password.
2. It can be viewed using the Admin Tool.
1. Use a confidential/hidden folder with Read/Write Permission, for each user.
2. Assign a unique folder for each user log and save the path,
3. Lock the log setting with a password.
(On locking the path will be hidden in Settings)
Usually Offline messages are only delivered when the OMessenger Sender is active. If users provide a common folder on the server to save the offline messages, the Receiver can read the message directly from the folder, even when the Sender is offline.
For OMessenger, TCP/UDP Ports: 14110 to 14116.(without OMessenger Server)
For OMessenger Server, TCP Port: 14221.
For Voice Hosted Chat Server, TCP Port: 14222 & UDP Port: 14223.
Yes. You can select a Language from the options list, or you can add your own language file. Refer to Help for more details.
No. Due to security reasons, we have not provided this option.
Right click the offline user & click "Remove from offline Users" from the popup menu.
1. Open the "Languages" folder, which will be in the outlook messenger installation path.
2. Open "template.txt" in notepad and "Save as" a new file in the same folder, using your language as a file name.
3. Edit the language text file providing the equivalent text in your language, on the right-hand side.
(E.g.: is available=>está disponible). If left blank, the English text will be used.
4. Once the language file has been created successfully, restart OMessenger.
5. In Settings, Display Options tab, you can select your language option in the dropdown. Click Apply.
You need to register for an Online Hosted Chat Server Account. Install OMessenger Server in your network & it should be connected with our Online Hosted Chat Server. All your office OMessenger clients will be connected with the OMessenger Server alone. They don't need to have any internet connection. With your Hosted Chat Server Account mobile website url, you can communicate with all your OMessenger Users.
You can pass the OMessenger Server IP Address/hostname as a command line argument of the installers.
This action will create the ls.cfg file with the link server IP address in the OMessenger installed folder. OMessenger.exe will use the linkserver setting by default.
You can also use defaultsettings.xml file created using Admin Tool with omessengersetup.exe. But defaultsettings.xml will not work with MSI installer.